The follies of climbing into foreign boxes

Inside, Outside, Upside Down - Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain

This is another one of those cool Dr Seuss books that is so simple in the way that it is put together that it makes it one of those books that I would recommend every parent of young children have on their shelf. In a way it is able to teach children aspects of the English language using simply sentences and very clear pictures – namely teaching the meaning of the words inside, outside, and upside down.

Basically one of the Berenstain bears finds a box in a warehouse across the road from where he lives, so he decides to climb into it and close the flaps. Without realising, somebody comes along, picks the box up, and puts it on the back of the truck and drives to town (though I do not want to speculate on what the destination of the box will be), but fortunately the box falls off the back of the truck and he manages to return home safe and sound (though probably a little shaken by his experience).

This was another one of those books that as I read it I was automatically wanting to translate it into German, namely because it was so simple. Okay, I have already made an attempt to translate one of these books into German, but while I would like to do it, I really don't want to do it at this time. Mayhaps those of us who are trying to learn another language should give translating children's books a shot because maybe it will assist us in getting to know the language better.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/767069650