A Story about some Cats

Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Well, I have finally managed to see the one last musical that I really wanted to see – Cats. Maybe it has something to do with my love of cats, or many it was because of an episode of the Simpsons where they travel to New York and see a production and it is basically a bunch of cats running around on stage fighting. Okay, the musical itself may be about a bunch of cats running around of stage, but there is only one fight scene in it (and unfortunately it isn't the traditional cat fight that we all know and love). In fact the play is basically a bunch of cats singing and dancing, and that is pretty much it.

I have to say that I'm not a huge expert on musicals, and in fact I tend to avoid them (namely because there aren't really all that many that I really want to see – and the ones that I did want to see I have already seen), but I have to say that Cats wasn't what I expected. In fact at first I really didn't like it namely because there didn't seem to be much of a story. However I then discovered (after reading the program) that the musical is based upon a poem by T.S. Elliot called 'The Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats' and all of a sudden it started making sense.

Anyway, I have already written a blog post on this play, though I will finish of by saying that in the end I did quite enjoy it, and I have to say that I am really glad that I can now mark it off my list of things to do (I so hate the term 'bucket list'), however unless something really cool comes along (like, maybe, Miss Saigon) this is probably going to be the last musical that I see (though my brother my drag me along to something the next time I happen to be in London).

Source: http://www.sarkology.net/2016/01/cats-rather-extra-ordinary-production.html