Dr Seuss goes up

Great Day for Up! - Dr. Seuss,  Calder,  Quentin Blake (Illustrator)

I am not really sure of the point of this book, but then again it is a children's book and I guess it is not supposed to make sense as long as it can help them to read (and it was also written by Dr Seuss who is well known for his nonsense books). I would suggest that it is nonsense, though it is about people getting up, looking up, and doing anything that involves the preposition 'up'. So, as I sit down and try and work out what I can say about this particular book (and since it did not have a picture of a train in it, I was really interested in it as a kid – I liked books with trains in them because my brother liked books with trains in them). So, I think I might try to translate this book into German.

Ein Wundertag fur Auf.

Auf, Auf, der Sonne steht auf.

Der Sonne steht auf.

So mit ihnen.

Auf, ohr nummer eins.

Ohr nummer zwei.

Auf kopfer!

Auf Schnuurhaaren!

Auf Fracke!

Wundertag, Wundertag, wundertag fur auf.

Well, that is enough of my pretty ordinary attempt at translating a Dr Suess book into German. I am sure that there are plenty of other people out there that can do a much better job than me. I would suggest that maybe somebody can try translating it into Klingon, but Klingon is an imaginary language and translating a Dr Suess book into Klingon, as far as I am concerned, has no discernible purpose whatsoever. I am sure that there are people that would love to attempt to read a Dr Suess book in Klingon, but I am not one of them.

Maybe we could try translating them into Latin, or Ancient Greek, or maybe even Ancient Egyptian with Heiroglyphics and all, but then again this is a picture book and I sort of wonder if it would like weird with all of the pictures in this book to be punctuated by hieroglyphics, since they are also pictures, but I guess I am getting a little off topic, not that this particular commentary is on topic – actually it is probably completely off topic, but then it does have me attempting to translate this book into German (and failing completely).

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/766008053