Why did I read so many Piers Anthony books?

Unicorn Point - Piers Anthony

It is really annoying that when I write some things it tends to just come flowing out of my head, while at other times my brain freezes up and I simply do not know what to write (I think they call it writer's block). This is not so much the case with book reviews or other forms of writing, but more when it comes to something like communications with other people or trying to start an email conversation. It is a completely different style of writing and I guess a style with which I am going to have to learn to adapt.
As for this book, there is pretty much nothing that I wish to write about, though I would like the explore the idea of sex and marriage a bit. I'm not really sure if I actually read this book, and once again I'm not really sure why I actually read so many Piers Anthony books in the first place. Maybe it was because they were readily available, and a little familiar, however I have found his writings in recent years to be somewhat lame, especially compared to other writers to which I have been exposed.
Now I mentioned previously the concept of the sexual revolution and how Anthony does not seem to get the idea in any of his writings. It appears that this comes out a lot in Bio of a Space Tyrant as well as this series. In a way there seems to be this obsession not only with sex but with promiscuity. From following the characters there seems to be little in the way of acknowledgement of faithfulness to a single partner. I wonder if this comes across in Anthony's life as well. I must admit that one of the stories that I have been writing in the past (but having put it on hold due to aspects of the story being a bit too much for some people) that the main character was somewhat promiscuous and parts of it could be considered erotic. Unfortunately, the problem is that I am still writing from a male point of view, and a point of view that seems to treat women as objects, though I have not looked my particular story for a few years now.
I was speaking with a friend the other day about prostitution in the Bible, and about how the presence of a Temple of Aphrodite in Corinth seemed to necessitate Paul writing against prostitution in his letter to the Corinthains. As my friend suggested it was not only adultery but also idolatory that Paul was writing against. However what exactly is adultery? The funny thing is that the Bible never really gives us a definition. The same goes with sexual immorality – what exactly is it? The Bible does drop a number of hints, including orgies and homosexuality as falling under this category, but what is the extent. Many have said (and quite rightly so) that we should not be drawing lines in the sand and seeing how close we can get without crossing it. However true that may be, on the other side we really should not be drawing lines that put people on the otherside and then condemning them as such.
The definition of adultery is vague though. Is it having sex with somebody who you are not married to when you are married, or is your marital status irrelevant? It could go both ways. However the best idea I heard was that it has to do with breaking faith with a partner. Adultery does not necessarily involve sex, but could simply refer to lying to your partner, or more so breaking an oath. One of the oaths in marriage is that we will remain sexually faithful to each other, and to go back on that not only makes you an oathbreaker, it also brings distrust into the marriage. That, I believe, is what adultery is (especially since it is the only commandment in the Ten Commandments that deals with oathbreaking).

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/294974256